Technology Concepts Group Intl (TCGi) is saddened to announce the passing of John (Jack to his friends and family) Fitzpatrick on Sunday, April 25, 2021. John succumbed quickly to an aggressive form of lung cancer.
John had been with TCGi for a little over two years. In his role as Regional Account Manager, he was responsible for customer relations with numerous accounts who will all miss his gregarious personality and brilliant smile.
John enjoyed travel and spending time with his family. He had just returned from a few months in Orlando, FL enjoying the warmth while working remotely. He was an avid golfer and always looked forward to teeing off with friends and business associates. In remembrance, we've created both a graduate scholarship & Annual Golf Tournament in his name. You can click the link below to find out more details about our golf classic, which is geared to raise money for our scholarship programs.
This program was created to assist those who are looking to further their career, expand their knowledge of the technology world, and bring the infectious amount of enthusiasm that John brought.
Still have questions about our graduate program? No Problem! Click the button below to email us.
It’s happened again.. unbelievably and quite suddenly, TCGi lost another valued member of our family this year – John Fitzpatrick – proving once again that cancer is no respecter of persons.
When we lost Dawna Colbert a few years ago, we couldn’t imagine the heartbreak that would follow. Now to experience it once again with John leaves us speechless.
We want to honor them both for their incredible contributions to the growth and success of TCGi. They also fully embraced our mission and commitment to increase the participation of girls, women and people of color in technology. This is so critical to drive innovation and our ability to solve complex societal problems. John and Dawna got it, worked hard for it, and we will never forget them.
The TCGi Foundation, an IRS 501c3 non-profit organization, is committed to driving social change and increasing opportunities for girls and women in tech. We are seeking your help to ensure Black girls and women get every opportunity to succeed in tech and in life.
To support our mission, we have established the Dawna J. Colbert and John Fitzpatrick Scholarships in Computing Studies. Our goal is to bestow 2 scholarships every year to deserving undergraduate and graduate students studying technology.
We invite you to help us change lives and drive much-needed change in the world. Please join us.
· INCOMING FULL TIME STUDENT OR PART TIME IF CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AND CAN PROVIDE PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT
· CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF U.S. AND COLLEGE GRADUATE
· INTENTIONS TO PERSUE MBA or MS IN CYBERSECURITY OR IT
· UNWEIGHTED GPA OF 3.5 OR HIGHER
· LEADERSHIP SKILLS
· BACKGROUND OR RESEARCH PERFORMED IN CYBERSECURITY/IT
· FEMALE AND/OR MINORITY STUDENT
· MAINTAIN A CUMULATIVE AVERAGE OF 3.0 OR HIGHER
· MAINTAIN A FULL TIME STUDENT STATUS (12 CREDIT HOURS MINIMUM PER TERM) OR PART TIME (8 CREDIT HOURS MINIMUM PER TERM) IF EMPLOYED
· SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSRIPT OF GRADES EVERY TERM TO FOUNDATION
· COMPLETED FORM (LINK TO BASIC APPLICATION FORM)
· OFFICIAL COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS FROM ALL EDUCATIONS ATTENDED
· LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM FACULTY MEMBER OR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT (NO MAX # OF LETTERS)
· COPY OF ACCEPTANCE LETTER TO ACCREDITED INSTITUTION
· COMPLETED ESSAY USING THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED HERE (details to come soon).
· COPY OF GMAT TEST SCORES
For aid in funding this program, we will be hosting our first annual golf memorial event come Fall 2021.